Slack is searching for an experienced Quality Engineering Manager to lead a growing team of automated engineers working on one of our core product teams, Expansion. A qualified candidate will share their passion for excellence and advocate a user-first approach to building high-quality software.
Slack Quality Engineering fosters excellence throughout the software development and delivery process. This team is responsible for automated and manual testing of Slack?s features.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage a growing team of experienced manual and automated test engineers.
- Attract and hire key talent.
- Promote active, continuous learning and improvement within your team. Cultivate team members? growth through feedback, coaching and career development.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects while effectively solving problems that cross product boundaries.
- Develop creative strategies for achieving high quality on complex and challenging assignments.
- Establish strong partnerships and champion quality throughout a cross-functional organization.
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative quality metrics, analysis and risks to stakeholders.
- Drive a quality-first approach to software development and delivery.
What You Should Have
- 2+ years leading Quality teams in testing consumer and / or enterprise software.
- Ability to manage the careers and growth of direct reports at various levels.
- Ten years experience as a Quality Engineer, with deep expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution.
- Solid project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Deep passion for superb user experience and technical integrity.
- Ability to establish strong rapport and communicate with exceptional clarity.
Slack has a positive, diverse and supportive culture?we look for people who are curious, inventive, and working to be better every single day. We aim to be smart, humble, hard-working and collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $137,000. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company?s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.