Director of Engineering - Product Data Engineering
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, California or Seattle, Washington
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Director, Product Data Engineering is a role that is responsible for driving the architecture and engineering that enables Data and AI platform to drive business value and customer success.
The Foundation Data platform team is chartered to build the data backend for ML model building and reporting needs for customers. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
This position is a people manager role reporting to Distinguished Engineer and is designated Flex.
● Be the Engineering leader responsible for executing on our product roadmap using agile practices
● Deliver a high scale and high reliability data platform/data lake functionality and deliver data applications using the platform
● Drive data security in compliance with required legal and regulatory policy
● Improve product quality through world class engineering practices
● Empower other product and business teams to grow their analytics capabilities as their needs expand, supported by a centralized data expertise and a flexible data platform
● Keep pace with the changing business environment, technology and data innovation in order to optimize data value and mitigate risks
● 12+ years of related experience including 5+ years of leading product engineering teams
● Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science or equivalent
● 5 to 10 years of experience in increasingly responsible roles with at least 3 years of data related leadership within a complex global business environment
● Experience implementing data and AI solutions in a ‘product leadership’ technology environment.
● Strong customer focus (internal and external). Understanding of customer centricity and design thinking to drive solutioning
● Extensive experience building and managing a diverse and inclusive team environment with strong commitment to respect, equality, collaboration and teaming.
● Strong demonstrated ability to skillfully hire, develop, lead, motivate, performance manage, and coach data and technology professionals.
● Effective and comfortable managing different stakeholders without full accountability for the entire data landscape of the organization.
● Highly technical, confident at the operational management level and comfortable in an engineering heavy organization.
● Experience with highly sensitive consumer data and maintaining its security as a top priority; understanding big data and technology at scale.
● Established history of effectively managing teams on an international basis with an impressive track record of developing talent.
● Comfortable in a fast paced, rapid growth environment
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.