Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager on the Adoption engineering team within the Expansion organization. This team helps drive growth, education, deep engagement and monetization of users on Slack by using a data driven and highly iterative process of building new features. We are an engineering team partnered with Product, Product Marketing, Design and Data Analytics and the work we do has a top-line impact on company goals.
This team mission is to make it obvious to commit to the premium Slack experience for companies for all sizes and locales. In this role, you will need to meld creative product thinking, a thirst for understanding people from a variety of backgrounds, and thoughtful use of data in order to build the best in class purchase and billing experience for enterprise software.
You’ll lead a hardworking team of frontend and backend engineers while growing out your team through recruiting efforts. We're looking for someone invested in their team's career development and that facilitates psychologically safe discussions around: project deliveries, process improvements, and mentorship. You should be well-versed in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation.
What you will be doing
- Use data to make decisions about prioritization and impact
- Have a real passion for experimentation
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team, helping them to develop into technical leaders
- Work closely with Product, Design, Data, and Marketing to conceive features that will help our users to successfully build their teams
- Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with the Product team
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Anticipate future technical needs and craft plans to realize them
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders on priorities, processes, and policies
- Bonus or Nice to have: Experience with payments, e-commerce purchase/checkout or billing systems.
What you should have
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have enough technical experience to discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- You have a proven history of shipping products with consistent execution.
- You are highly organized and thrive in rapid-paced environments.
- You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.