Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is looking for a Senior Manager for the Quality Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of Quality Engineers to drive high quality software releases at Upstart. Our Quality teams take part in a broad range of testing activities such as test automation, exploratory testing, implementation of process improvements, defect analysis and best practices evangelization. We are looking for a smart, passionate and collaborative individual to partner with various teams across the company and deliver on quality objectives.
Position Location: This role is available in the following locations: Remote; San Mateo, CA; and Columbus, OH
Time Zone Requirements: This team operates on the East and West Coast time zones.
Travel Requirements: This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per month/quarter at the San Mateo and Columbus offices. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Hire, manage, grow and mentor a team of engineers to champion the quality cause at Upstart,
- Partner with stakeholders in business, product and engineering to continuously improve quality of deliverables,
- Oversee and guide the test strategy, test plan, and test automation developed by your team,
- Establish and improve software processes that continuously improve introduction and detection of software defects,
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to ensure software development best practices are followed,
- Take initiative to find out gaps and blindspots across the company that increase quality risks. Drive prioritization and resolution of those problems,
- Attract high performers to the team by creating an inclusive, fun and rewarding work environment,
- Help us build an empathetic and respectful team that makes Upstart an awesome place to work.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of management experience, managing a team of 5+ employees (QA, QE, SDET),
- 8+ years of hands on technical experience building test strategies, test plans, and test automation,
- Experience with performance management and promotions,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Experience with defining and presenting team plans, roadmaps and technical solutions,
- Good knowledge of testing processes and techniques and how to best apply them,
- Evangelisation of testing best practices.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal development and technology & ergonomic budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.