Senior Director, Engineering - Sign
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington OR San Francisco, California
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
You are responsible for building and maintaining key features that are integral to our customers and business. You are a hands-on technical resource who will collaborate with our development and operations teams to improve the creation of infrastructure solutions that scale with our rapid growth. As a successful engineer, you have a flexible attitude combined with an aptitude to learn and share. You enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment, care about their decisions, and are focused on quality driven development.
This position is a people manager role reporting to SVP Engineering, Sign and is designated Flex.
• Build our integration platform for 3rd party applications along with building, owning and maintaining several tier 1 and tier 2 integrations
• Build an analytics and visualization layer to help our customers by providing insights into their workflows
• Enhance several V1 initiatives and unlock new and innovative use cases for our customers
• Find and develop great talent
• Deliver products that delight customers while managing the health of the code base through continuous refactoring and management of technical debt
• Champion the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high-quality development environment while being an expert at agile continuous delivery, DevOps and TDD/BDD
• Dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team
• Provide coaching and leadership in software best practices, automated test strategies, and work toward flattening the cost of change curve for our software products and services
• 15+ years of combined software development & management experience across multiple languages and frameworks or equivalent experience
• 8+ years hands on software development or equivalent experience
• 3+ years managing software organizations over 25 people or equivalent experience
• A passion for continuous improvement; have built learning organizations that keep up with the state of the art, and are an example and mentor to your team
• Demonstrated track record of building high performing, secure applications and building security into the DNA of products
• You obsess over great user experiences and will be a partner to product management/engineering, sales, operations, and other parts of the business
• Demonstrated track record leading geographically dispersed teams
• Your skills are language, framework and toolset agnostic, having worked in at least 3 languages or paradigms, or equivalent experience
• Experience with REST API abstraction layers in complex enterprise environments with SOA and ROA or equivalent experience
• Experience with advanced web applications and TDD on the client side
• Experience with large complex data ecosystems and data quality and lifecycle issue
• A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
• Knowledge and experience in high scale, highly available (99.99+) system
• Experience with CSS, AJAX, JSON, HTML, and/or MVC
• Experience with Microsoft technology stack (.NET, C#, SQL Server, etc.)
• SaaS or Cloud experience
• Prior experience building an integrations platform/infrastructure to seamlessly integrate 3rd party applications preferred
• Prior experience building a customer facing insights visualization is preferred
• Prior experience with full stack SaaS development is preferred
• Prior experience launching V1 products is preferred
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.