Director of Engineering - Mobile
Engineering & Tech Operations | San Francisco, California
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our Agreement with Employees:
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale, while ensuring world class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
Our Mobile Team is responsible for building the best-in-class DocuSign mobile apps used by millions of our users and the native mobile SDKs that third-party developers use to incorporate the DocuSign Agreement Cloud into their own mobile apps. As the Director of Engineering for this team, you will drive the future engineering direction of our native mobile products. The ideal candidate for this position is someone that is passionate about building teams that focus on delivering the best possible customer experience with performance, scalability, security, and efficiency in mind. We are looking for someone that also excels at partnering across various internal teams and departments, including Engineering, Product, QA, and Design.
This position is a people manager role reporting to The Senior Director of Engineering and is designated Flex.
● Lead a passionate, agile engineering team to deliver features and improvements to our native mobile apps and SDKs that are high quality, scalable, and secure
● Drive the long-term technical strategy for our native mobile apps and SDKs
● Provide technical expertise throughout all phases of the development lifecycle to help drive the product roadmap
● Meet with customers to understand their requirements and facilitate their success
● Collaborate across Engineering / Product / QA / Design to deliver features that satisfy customers’ needs with simplicity, consistency, and robustness
● Proactively identify ways to continually improve the quality of our products and the efficiency of our team
● Hire and continuously grow top engineering talent
● BS degree in Computer Science or related field
● 12+ years of combined experience in software development and management
● 8+ years of hands-on experience in cloud / SaaS / enterprise software development
● 4+ years of experience managing teams of 25 or more people
● 3+ years of hands-on experience managing and leading an engineering team delivering iOS, Android apps and SDKs.
● MS degree in Computer Science or related field
● Experience developing iOS / Android apps and SDKs using Swift / Kotlin
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.