Director- Software Engineering (hands-on) – Infrastructure and Storage Systems
Engineering & Tech Ops | Seattle, Washington
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our Agreement with Employees:
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
DocuSign is looking for a seasoned hands-on Software Engineering Director to join our storage infrastructure team that is focused on building highly scalable, available, and reliable distributed storage systems. The Storage Systems team @ DocuSign ensures critical back-end services scale with the company’s continued rapid growth. Our storage systems handle billions of transactions daily with tens of thousands of transactions per second with single digit millisecond average response times. The storage team at DocuSign tackles complex challenges as we scale the service for our next 10X growth. If you share our passion and excitement building robust, resilient distributed systems, this is the team for you.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Engineering, Storage Systems.
• Monitor performance of individual contributors and help manage their professional development
• Manage, analyze and approve product design and changes.
• Design core, back-end software components
• Manage code solutions to challenging technical problems
• Conduct design and code reviews
• Manage and analyze and improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of core services
• BS in CS, EE or equivalent
• Experience managing engineering leads
• 12+ years of hands-on software development experience.
• Experience in building large-scale, highly available and reliable applications.
• Proficiency working with algorithms, data structures and production troubleshooting
• Familiarity with MS Stack
• Experience with operating system internals, database system internals and file systems, and networking
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills and demonstrated technical leadership ability
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an equal opportunity employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.