Sr Software Engineering Manager – UI Components / UI Applications
Marketing | San Francisco, CA or Remote - US
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Build worldwide digital experiences that touch millions. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineering Manager to join the Digital Marketing Experiences engineering team and lead a team of engineers responsible for building the component library and UI services that power DocuSign.com’s marketing and commerce experiences.
You will be an early, key individual and leader in the growth of our UI Engineering Organization. Your team will be responsible for day-to-day UI engineering execution as well as long-term architectural, infrastructure, and technology choices for the user interface applications on DocuSign.com.
This position is a people manager reporting to the UI Engineering Director and is designated Flex.
- Individually and on behalf of your team, maintain high coding standards with the ability to write clean, reusable, maintainable, and documented code
- Provide leadership and direction to the UI Engineering organization in the architectural vision and technical roadmap for DocuSign’s marketing and commerce component library
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of UI engineering experts
- Work with UX and Design to standardize and simplify UI development practices
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Support strategic code sharing and architecture for one or more functional areas
- Ensure design and architecture is extensible across multiple projects, and participate in technical design and code reviews
- Collaborate to define, scope, prioritize, and estimate work.
- Establish an efficient, scalable testing process
- Work cooperatively with product management and design to create features that are scalable and secure. Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase the team's productivity and efficiency
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing, and release of products
- Raise issues proactively that might impact delivery commitments
- Identify and implement accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA) and progressive enhancement best practices
- Research new features and technologies
- Fix production issues and maintain the code as needed
- 5+ years experience with modern web application technologies (TypeScript, ES6, React/Angular/VueJS, Sass/Less, Emotion/Styled Components, Storybook, etc.)
- 8+ years of total industry experience in software engineering
- Familiarity with and desire to become an expert in headless CMS architecture and Jamstack infrastructure
- Experience building design and UI component libraries
- Experience with web accessibility standards and practices
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (Jest, React Testing Library)
- Experience developing, promoting and building consensus across engineering teams
- Understanding of web application design principles such as usability/accessibility, performance, and security
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for design
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.